What are Chiltern doing?
Chiltern Environmental commitment
We are committed to minimising the impact of our business on the environment and aim to engage in positive activities that have a lasting benefit on society.
- We actively support two charities Hearing Dogs and Wycombe Homeless Connections.
- We further support ad-hoc charities such as Oxford Children’s Hospital and Bone Cancer Research Trust
- Fund raising initiatives are encouraged and supported. 3 members of staff took part in the Walk in the Park London to raise money for Prostate Cancer UK and additionally staff have raised funds for Cancer Research UK.
- We encourage staff to take part in volunteering during the year.
- Staff supported Crisis over the Xmas period
- We actively promote recycling both internally and with our suppliers.
- We encourage use of digital presentations in client meetings to reduce the need for paper print outs and all staff are encouraged to ‘think-before-you-print’.
- Where possible, recommendation letters to our clients are sent via email.
- We have introduced LED lighting to save energy
- We have changed energy supplier to a renewable energy source.
- We actively try to reduce the amount of paper used and all correspondence and files are electronically saved and backed-up in secure systems.
- Computers and monitors are switched off during out of office hours.
- Fairtrade products are purchased where possible.
- We print documents on both sides and in black and white where possible
- General printing on recycled paper
- We recycle our toner and print cartridges
- We source recyclable stationery supplies and work with suppliers who use green e-delivery